A brand new hobby event has begun, complete this event in the 7 day time limit to unlock 12 pairs of stockings, you unlock 2 styles of the stockings each time you complete the fashion designer hobby collection so you will need to complete the collection 6 times to unlock all the stockings. If you have never done the fashion designer hobby click here for details.
\"Wonderful Day! Her first high heels...and Cameo nylons What a grand and glorious feeling...the magic of being grown up. Its a wonderful day...the begining of an exciting new life for this young lady-and for her mother and dad,too. Funny isn't it, how a new pair of shoes, a nice dress, a trim suit-a very special pair of stockings-can make such a difference in the way a person feels\"
Knee-High vs. Thigh-High vs. Waist-High StockingsMost dysautonomia experts recommend waist-high stockings because blood pooling in dysautonomia patients can occur in the entire lower half of the body, including thighs and the abdominal area. If you wear knee-high stockings and have blood pooling in your thigh area, you may notice a swelling at your knee, above the top of the knee-high. Same thing with the thigh-highs. Medical compression stockings are super tight and unless you are very thin, the thigh-highs will probably create a not-so-glamorous thigh bulge above the top of the stocking. Waist-high stockings will help prevent the blood pooling in your abdominal area.
Open Toe vs. Closed ToeSome brands of waist-high medical compression stockings come with open or closed toes. Open toes are good for summer flip flops, peep toe heels and may be more comfortable for people with sensory neuropathy in their feet. Open-toe stockings are also a little easier to get on and off. But otherwise, they are the same.
LatexMost brands are latex free, but if you have a latex allergy, be sure to ask before you buy the stockings. Sometimes latex is used in the elastic bands at the top of the stockings.
Getting the Right FitMedical grade compression stockings usually measure your ankle circumference, your calf circumference and the distance between your heel and knee. Ankle and calf measurements should be taken first thing in the morning, as your legs will swell the longer you are upright (this happens to healthy people too). Sizing differs between brands. If you can get a professional fitting done, this may help you get the most of your stockings. Some medical supply stores can do this.
Can I Wear Them In The HeatSome dysautonomia patients are very sensitive to the heat. Heat causes vasodilation, so wearing your stockings in the heat is probably the best time to wear them. Finding a brand with breathable comfortable fabric is the key for summer stockings. Open-toe stockings are great for the summer because you can wear flip flops or sandals, and airing out your toes can help keep your cool.
Christmas stockings, one of my favorite parts of Christmas day. I love to have a bunch of fun little gifts that really fit their personality. I like to have a mix of fun gifts, necessities, and holiday traditions.
Vintage Fetish also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on the site blog. Vintage Fetish only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below, except that blog commenter IP addresses are visible and disclosed to the administrators of the blog where the comment was left.
Certain visitors to Vintage Fetish\\u2019s website choose to interact with the site in ways that require Vintage Fetish to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Vintage Fetish gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who comment on our blog to provide a username and email address. Those who wish to receive Vintage Fetish updates via email, we collect their emails. In each case, Vintage Fetish collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor\\u2019s interaction with Vintage Fetish. Vintage Fetish does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
Sahana is a mom of an active 3-year-old son. She runs the blog, Vikalpah where she shares all things crafty from furniture makeovers to simple DIY projects. She loves to test different products and comes up with unique ways of using them.
People of any age can benefit from wearing compression stockings, which have been proven effective in improving symptoms of vein disease and other minor discomfort. Many younger people find relief while wearing these supportive accessories.
Center for Vein Restoration (CVR) compression stocking expert Bryar Caulcrick, LPN, discusses the benefits for young adults to wearing compression and opens up about why she has been wearing compression stockings since her mid-twenties. Bryar is a nurse at the Southgate, MI and Oregon, OH, CVR clinic locations. She works alongside lead physician Zoe Deol, MD, FACS, DABVLM.
Those who have not been diagnosed with venous insufficiency but would like to try wearing compression stockings to soothe aching, tired legs would probably want to start with low compression. Bryar suggests they try 15-20 mmHg, which is light compression strength recommended for people with minor pain, occasional swelling, and wants to energize their legs. She emphasizes, however, that anyone considering even light compression first check with their healthcare provider to make sure that their underlying need for compression is appropriate.
Compression stockings are highly effective in improving the symptoms and signs of vein disease. It can also help anyone relieve tired, achy legs, promote circulation, or improve oxygenation of muscles during a workout.
First off, a garter belt. A garter belt is a piece of lingerie that goes around someone's waist. It is usually made of lace, but not always. The garter belt uses clips or snaps to hold up pantyhose or stockings.
The garter belt started back in the days before elastic when holding up stockings what a lot harder and thus anchoring it around the waist made the most sense. Over time, I think we can all agree that garter belts have grown into a sexy symbol of femininity.
Here are two pictures of a lace garter belt, you can see the beautiful lace band or belt that goes around the waist and the straps that hang down to clasp onto the panty hose. When you wear a garter belt, you need to use panty hose or stockings that don't go all the way up your leg, like thigh high stockings or some other panty hose designed to be worn with a garter belt.
1. Alluring - No other piece of lingerie has had such an effect on the opposite sex for such a long period of time. There is no denying the alluring effect of stockings and suspenders.
2. Confidence - whenever we speak to ladies on the phone, we hear time after time that stockings give them confidence. When you know you are dressed in your finest attire, it is easy to feel good about yourself. We all have off days, and while stockings won't cure those times, anything that lifts our spirits should be welcomed.
4. Cost - although all of our stockings are from luxury ranges, stockings could be seen as more economical than tights - in that if you snag or ladder one leg, then you don't have to throw away both legs. For long term stockings wearers, this saving mounts up.
5. Tradition - in some countries, stockings are considered a traditional attire by some women. In France, for example, we have many customers who buy ranges suitable for everyday wear. Similarly, we find that in England, stockings are frequently considered the hosiery of choice for an evening out. We also have a number of ladies of a certain age who simply wear stockings because they always have. They have found something they like when they were younger, and decided to stick with it.
7. Good looking legs - whilst also applicable to hold ups and tights, if you never wear hosiery, then you may be suprised how good your legs can look when wearing stockings. You can really be specific on the look you want to achieve - from invisible but smooth, to shiny and seamed - and even opaques.
8. Tummy trimming - the suspender belt required to hold up your stockings has a wonderful side effect in that it has a certain amount of body control. The belt sits on your waist, and if your chosen one is of a good depth, then you get instant tummy flattening.
9. Fashion - stockings have been making a strong revival around the globe (we know, we sell to virtually every country), and stocking producers have been capitalising on this by creating some beautiful designs that range from polka dots (featured in Vogue recently), through to eye catching Italian designs. You no longer have to wear a safe style, instead, let your personality shine.
In the words of one of our lovely customers, \"I hadn't worn stockings for some time, and spent a while trying to work out what style was best for me. I knew I wanted something a little more glamorous than tights. I also wanted something that finished my outfit off. A nice dress and shoes seemed to warrant nice hosiery and lingerie too, so I eventually decided on a pair of Falke stockings (I had worn their tights many times). I actually did this for me, not for my husband, and I feel confident and a little bit special when I wear them. When talking with my friends who wear stockings, they all agree that once you have worn them, you will always see the attraction of them\". 59ce067264